Whether you moved to Rochester on your own or as part of a corporate relocation, getting settled in a new city can be time-consuming and stressful. But it doesn’t have to be so hard. ROC Relocation provides destination orientation and settling in services that are customized to each client’s unique needs, timing, and budget. My goal is to come alongside you as a knowledgable guide who can provide resources, support and connections to help ensure your successful adjustment.
Each new client relationship begins with an interview and personalized needs assessment questionnaire. This is then followed by a proposal of services and price quote customized for you.
To ensure your relocation is a success, it is optimal to start planning months before the actual move takes place. ROC Relocation can provide tailored information based on your specific needs, and work on your behalf in Rochester while you’re still packing and tying up loose ends back home. Pre-Arrival Services include:
- Housing: connection with vetted local realtors for the housing search
- Neighborhood and school profiles and tours
- Research resources and amenities relevant to your personal interests
- Short term rental options, temporary housing or executive hotels
- Final home closing walk-throughs with the real estate agent, if you can’t be there, ensuring the house or apartment is clean, empty and fulfilling the agreed upon contract negotiations
- Turnkey services: being the trusted person on-site before your arrival to ensure power and water are on, arranging for internet, phone, cable, and garbage totes to be delivered or having smart thermostats or security systems installed
Upon your arrival in Rochester, ROC Relocation can be there to welcome you, helping you navigate your new neighborhood, settle into your new home, and provide resources, support and connections during your first weeks here. Arrival Services include:
- Meet & Greet: meet you upon arrival and accompany you to your hotel or home
- Moving In Assistance: Being on-site to help on move-in day, running to hardware store for unforeseen needs, contacting necessary service providers, organizing childcare to keep children entertained, arranging dinner the first night in the new home
- Neighborhood Tours: Familiarizing you to your new neighborhood: providing tours of grocery stores, gas stations, post office, police stations, hospitals, schools and any other area attractions related to your personal interests
SETTLING IN SERVICES
Getting yourself, your family and your possessions to Rochester is not the end of the road. Settling in to your new city includes taking the time to find all the right amenities and resources you need to live your life. ROC Relocation can help save you hours of research by providing any of these customized Settling In Services, including:
- Special access to a curated and vetted list of qualified professionals (doctors, dentists, lawyers, veterinarians, pet sitters, executive and educational coaches, housekeepers, landscapers, electricians, painters, mechanics, hairdressers, etc.)
- Area exploration tours tailored to your interests and needs
- Help finding furniture, appliances, contractors, or interior decorators for your new home
We all know one of the best ways to start to feel at home in a new city is to make friends. You will naturally meet people with shared interests at work, school, places of worship and recreation. ROC Relocation can also provide customized services, including:
- Help finding fitness centers (gyms and recreation)
- Help finding places of worship
- Social gatherings
- Networking get-togethers
- Cultural connections with those of your same culture or nationality
Moving to a new city offers anyone the unique opportunity to reinvent themselves, to start over, to present a newer, better, version of themselves. Sometimes we want to change a habit or learn a new skill. Rochester has a number of opportunities for continued education and training. With the help of recommended life coaches, educational coaches, therapists or personal trainers, any new goal, skill or talent can be attained.
Starting a new life in a new city should be an adventure. Consider this a great time to try a new hobby or sport. Rochester was named one of 10 Best Golf Cities in America by Golf Magazine, and Lake Ontario and the Finger Lakes offer opportunities for every water sport under the sun. We have wine trails, breweries and distilleries, a vibrant culinary culture, and a variety of performing arts theaters and unique museums. There truly is something for everyone. ROC Relocation can help you find what you are looking for.